You wanna surprise your family bunch with a cool supper?
Well, here's my proposal for four people, and it will 'cost' you some 30 mins of preparation time.
You need some 0.5 lbs of tagliatelle pasta (the pasta I took was conveniently pre-cooked and only needed some 3 mins in the microwave at 1000 watts with a coffee cup of water added in order to be ready).
For my special pasta salad I take:
- one hard boiled egg (6 mins), cut to small pieces
- two thin wieners, some 6 inches long, cut to small pieces
- three slices of cheddar, 6 months matured cheese, cut to small pieces
- four small dill pickles, cut to small pieces
- five tablespoons of mayonaise (preferably low fat)
- some 2-3 tablespoons of pickles' water
- less than a teaspoon of salt, some pepper, some curry powder
Mix the stuff well, let it rest and keep it cold in the fridge or a cold place till your desired supper time (recommended rest time some 2-3 hours)
If you wish it more veggie-like then substitute the wieners with a small glass of sliced red bell pepper or put in two sliced tomatoes.
If you add some mustard (1 tablespoon) to the mix then the pasta will get more yellowish and spicier.
If tagliatelle pasta is not available you can also use spaghetti or macaroni.
For the 'frikadellen' (pork hamburgers) I take some 10 oz of ground pork which is spiced up with some salt, pepper and a 'shredded' onion.
I fry them in the pan with sunflower oil.
Serve the 'frikadellen' with your favorite mustard.
Enjoy your supper!